Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2004/11/06 19:24:59 UTC

Change sets

Hi,

I would like to get the ball rolling on having Maven SCM deal with
changesets. For Continuum we have to be able to perform an update and
know whether changes have occured and by who. There are many other uses
including creating nice views of changes in repositories (like ViewCVS)
and who knows what else.

So I wanted to chat about how we might do this. There is code for this
that exists in CruiseControl that we could borrow and that would be a
start because I would like to implement this ASAP.

Thoughts?

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

and sit softly on your shoulder ...

 -- Thoreau

Re: Change sets

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
sounds good.

How is the subversion support in SCM at the moment? It might be worth
starting with that, because dealing with change sets should be a lot
easier since it is intrinsic to how it works.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: Change sets

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get the ball rolling on having Maven SCM deal with
> changesets. For Continuum we have to be able to perform an update and
> know whether changes have occured and by who. There are many other uses
> including creating nice views of changes in repositories (like ViewCVS)
> and who knows what else.

+1

> So I wanted to chat about how we might do this. There is code for this
> that exists in CruiseControl that we could borrow and that would be a
> start because I would like to implement this ASAP.

I have no time. I let you to decide.

Emmanuel