Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Phil Scala <Ph...@globalrelay.net> on 2013/06/01 04:15:07 UTC

SourceCounter instance defined in some of the sources...

I have maybe a dumb question,  the SourceCounter object is used by the Avro, Exec, Thrift and MultiportSysLogTcp sources.  This registers the MBean with the MBean server for JMX access.  I was wondering why the Spool directory source (and any others) do not also interact with an instance of a SourceCounter?

I locally added it to ensure what I have read has made it to my final destination andn then I can use jconsole and remotely see what I start to spool up files....fun to watch :)

I can submit and jira/patch if anyone sees any value in taking this further (the standard spooler counters like AppendAcceptCount may not make sense for the spool dir source, so a base MBean may be needed)

Phil

Phil Scala
Software Developer / Architect
Global Relay

phil.scala@globalrelay.net<ma...@globalrelay.net>

866.484.6630
New York  |  Chicago  |  Vancouver  |  London  (+44.0800.032.9829)  |  Singapore  (+65.3158.1301)
Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.

Ask about Global Relay Message<http://www.globalrelay.com/services/message> - The Future of Collaboration in the Financial Services World

All email sent to or from this address will be retained by Global Relay's email archiving system. This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  Global Relay will not be liable for any compliance or technical information provided herein.  All trademarks are the property of their r