Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Frizz <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/01 13:02:09 UTC

Listen for a cell value change

I want to develop a program that do something every time a value of a Excel
cell change. Can I do it with poi?

Re: Listen for a cell value change

Posted by Frizz <fr...@gmail.com>.
Yes, it's a DDE flow, but I can't find anything free and functional for use
DDE with java

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.

Posted by MSB <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
Have no idea if these are of any use, but it might be worth looking here;

http://jdde.pretty-tools.com/
http://www.javaparts.com/

and there were lots of other references discussing Java and DDE, I just
Google'd 'DDE Java' and they appeared close to the top of the list.

This may give you the ability to send a DDE message and use that to trigger
off the java method you were talking of. If this is the case then you could
message Excel and then message the java app.

Yours

Mark B

Posted by Frizz <fr...@gmail.com>.
I'll try it..