Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> on 2010/02/19 11:10:47 UTC

[DAEMON] Release 1.0.2 snapshot available

Hi,

There is new version of Commons Daemon available for testing.
It's been really a long time since last release, so please take
a look.

http://people.apache.org/~mturk/daemon/

Few notes that are not currently in RELEASE-NOTES.txt but
I plan to put them in there if they get accepted.

* All distribution files are prefixed with
   commons-daemon-x.y.z where x.y.z represents the
   release version (1.0.2 currently)

* No more jsvc.tar.gz distribution
   Instead we have commons-daemon-1.0.2-native-src.tar.gz
   which contains jsvc and procrun code inside respective
   unix and windows sub directories.

* commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin.* package does not contain
   jsvc.tar.gz (This was source file anyhow) any more.

* Native binary packages are now named according to the
   following rule:
   commons-daemon-x.y.z-bin-PLATFORM[-CPU]
   I have currently created just linux-i386 and windows
   binaries (more to follow upon release)
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-windows.zip
     contains procrun binaries (first time shipped)
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-linux-i386.tar.gz
     contains jsvc binary
   - commons-daemon-1.0.2-bin-darwin-universal.tar.gz
     contains osx fat jsvc binary for i386, x86_64 and ppc

* Native source packages have LF line endings for jsvc
   and CRLF line endings for procrun

Plan is to propose this tag as a 1.0.2 version

Regards
--
^TM

Re: [DAEMON] Release 1.0.2 snapshot available

Posted by Jack Cai <gr...@gmail.com>.
Cool! Just have some tests with procrun on my Windows XP. Everything looks
good to me!

-Jack

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 19/02/2010, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 02/19/2010 05:54 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
>
> > Looks OK to me, except need md5 checksums for the actual release. Also
> > maven repository artifacts.
> >

>  Sure, I'll add the md5 and sha1 signatures
>

> > If you have GPG setup and run something like the following:
> >
> >    mvn -Prc clean install -Dgpg.passphrase=thephrase
> >
> > Then you should find it creates both the md5 and sigs in your local m2
> > repository - for all the jars, pom and the zip/gz stuff
> >

>  Those are not real signatures, just md5 hashes
>  Real ones should look like
>  hashdigits *file.name
>
>  I'm using md5sum and sha1sum for those.

You can easily use Ant to create MD5 and SHA hashes; it's easy enough
to extend this to Maven too.

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
Looks OK to me, except need md5 checksums for the actual release. Also
maven repository artifacts.

If you have GPG setup and run something like the following:

   mvn -Prc clean install -Dgpg.passphrase=thephrase

Then you should find it creates both the md5 and sigs in your local m2
repository - for all the jars, pom and the zip/gz stuff

Niall