Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by dangerous9x <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/21 14:57:23 UTC

Failed to install guacamole-client 1.0.0

When I try to run the mvn package command. It produces the error at the end
of the test.

!image-2019-05-15-09-41-08-699.png!

Although, I could echo to my $JAVA_HOME

/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64

Can you please assist me?

Re: Failed to install guacamole-client 1.0.0

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 12, 2019, 03:10 ietvkh <ki...@ietv.se> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've run in to similar problems trying to build the client.
> JDK version 11 and maven 3.6.0 running on ubuntu 18.04
>
> First javadoc, markup has changed since 3.0.0.  I excluded it in build..
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23542876/unable-to-build-maven-project-due-to-javadoc-error

Good to know.

> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.3:jar (attach-javadocs)
> on project guacamole-common: MavenReportException: Error while generating
> Javadoc: Unable to find javadoc command: The environment variable JAVA_HOME
> is not correctly set. -> [Help 1]

This looks more like you don't have javadoc installed at all, or don't have
JAVA_HOME properly set as suggested by Maven.

javadoc should be part of the JDK.

then I ran in to javax.xml.bind failed in guacamole-auth-cas
> this package is removed in JDK11.
>
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52502189/java-11-package-javax-xml-bind-does-not-exist

That has been fixed:

- Mike

Re: Failed to install guacamole-client 1.0.0

Posted by ietvkh <ki...@ietv.se>.
Hi

I've run in to similar problems trying to build the client.
JDK version 11 and maven 3.6.0 running on ubuntu 18.04

First javadoc, markup has changed since 3.0.0.  I excluded it in build..
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23542876/unable-to-build-maven-project-due-to-javadoc-error

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-javadoc-plugin:2.10.3:jar (attach-javadocs)
on project guacamole-common: MavenReportException: Error while generating
Javadoc: Unable to find javadoc command: The environment variable JAVA_HOME
is not correctly set. -> [Help 1]

then I ran in to javax.xml.bind failed in guacamole-auth-cas
this package is removed in JDK11.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52502189/java-11-package-javax-xml-bind-does-not-exist

[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
/home/guac/guacamole-client-1.0.0/extensions/guacamole-auth-cas/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/cas/ticket/TicketValidationService.java:[31,21]
error: package javax.xml.bind does not exist
[ERROR]
/home/guac/guacamole-client-1.0.0/extensions/guacamole-auth-cas/src/main/java/org/apache/guacamole/auth/cas/ticket/TicketValidationService.java:[164,34]
error: cannot find symbol

Br

Re: Failed to install guacamole-client 1.0.0

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 5:39 PM dangerous9x <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried to switch the version of JDK, didn't work either :(

Hard to say without seeing the actual error, but you should also make sure
you have a newer version of Maven - some of the older (3.0.0) versions
don't work correctly, either.

-Nick

Re: Failed to install guacamole-client 1.0.0

Posted by dangerous9x <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:57 AM dangerous9x <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to run the mvn package command. It produces the error at the end
> of the test.
>
> !image-2019-05-15-09-41-08-699.png!
>
> Although, I could echo to my $JAVA_HOME
>
> /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64

The image didn't come through, but I've run into build issues with Maven
and OpenJDK 11 on CentOS 7, and it seems to be something to do with the
required commands not being located.  This can be resolved by either using
OpenJDK 8 to build, instead, or by installing a different version of JDK 11
(Oracle's if you're paying for that, Amazon also has one available).

-Nick