Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laszlo Borsos <bl...@freemail.hu> on 2007/08/16 20:25:40 UTC

debugging tag syntax problems

When I have a syntax error in a tag, I get an "Unable to load class for
JSP" / ClassNotFoundException, as the JSP file does not get translated
and compiled. But Tomcat 6 logs don't show the original exception, that
would refer to the problem. How can it be logged?

kuvera

Re: debugging tag syntax problems

Posted by Laszlo Borsos <bl...@freemail.hu>.
I use Eclipse and it does not validate for example OGNL.
Is there really no means to see the exception raised by JSP compiler?

kuvera

Posted by Oleg Mikheev <mi...@bigfoot.com>.
Laszlo Borsos wrote:
> When I have a syntax error in a tag, I get an "Unable to load class for
> JSP" / ClassNotFoundException, as the JSP file does not get translated
> and compiled. But Tomcat 6 logs don't show the original exception, that
> would refer to the problem. How can it be logged?

Syntax errors should be caught on stage of editing your JSP by
your favorite editor.