Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/16 03:24:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Hi all,

Impala-3.2.0 is released since March. A couple of pretty cool features and
a good number of improvements are checked in since then. I think it's time
to release 3.3.0 to make them visible to our users.

I propose that we release 3.3.0 soon and I volunteer to be its release
manager. Please speak up and let the community know if anyone has any
objections to this.

Thanks,
Quanlong

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Abhishek Rawat <ar...@cloudera.com>.
I think we should also include following in 3.3.0. I just updated the
target version to 3.3.0.
 IMPALA-8683 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMPALA-8683>: Document
parquet/lz4 compression codec

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Laszlo Gaal <la...@cloudera.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Michael Ho <kw...@cloudera.com>.
+1

wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Impala-3.2.0 is released since March. A couple of pretty cool features and
> a good number of improvements are checked in since then. I think it's time
> to release 3.3.0 to make them visible to our users.
>
> I propose that we release 3.3.0 soon and I volunteer to be its release
> manager. Please speak up and let the community know if anyone has any
> objections to this.
>
> Thanks,
> Quanlong

Michael

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com>.
+1. We've added lots of new things over the past months and it'll be nice
to get them out in a release.

Re: [DISCUSS] 3.3.0 release

Posted by Bharath Vissapragada <bh...@cloudera.com>.
+1. Thanks for volunteering.