Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by vdven <vd...@tele2.nl> on 2014/10/19 20:52:30 UTC

comparing content of cells

Hello,

I have a question;

-I have a column with names A , and then several columns (B-F) with
formula's that result in an empty cell but sometimes in  a name or a
symbol. (each name has it's own row, and a name cannot pop up in another row)
-On another page a want columns (H-L) that give only those situations
when a name in A is also found  in B-F
but only the names, without the empty cells inbetween.

So a long list with only a few names and many blancs is reduced to a
short list of lets say 3 or 4 names

Any way how this can be done?

thnks,

Bryan