Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Ajay Mallik <am...@adaptintel.com> on 2002/04/26 22:59:10 UTC

Please help!

Hi all,
I installed velocity in Visual Age and started with the tutorial provided in
JavaWorld. When I run the "HelloWorld" program there, it gives me
NullPointerException.  The exception is thrown when it encounters the
initialization code:
VelocityEngine ve=new VelocityEngine();
ve.init();

I tried with nightly build as well as release builds, but the problem
remains the same. As I am very new, may be I have problem with installation.
I would highly appreciate any help.
Thanks
Ajay

Re: Please help!

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 4/26/02 4:59 PM, "Ajay Mallik" <am...@adaptintel.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I installed velocity in Visual Age and started with the tutorial provided in
> JavaWorld. When I run the "HelloWorld" program there, it gives me
> NullPointerException.  The exception is thrown when it encounters the
> initialization code:
> VelocityEngine ve=new VelocityEngine();
> ve.init();

Can you send the stack trace?  I assume you are using the code from the
article?

System and Software Consulting

Uncertainty breeds confusion and confusion breeds despair. - Ceki Gulcu