Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by lei liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/30 08:02:48 UTC

namenode name dir

I use QJM,  do I need to  config two  directories for the
dfs.namenode.name.dir,  one local filesystem path and one NFS path?

I think the Stadnby NameNode also store the fsimage, so I think  I only
need to config one local file system path.

Thanks,

LiuLei

Re: namenode name dir

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
You are correct - a single directory should suffice. That said, if you
still want multiple copies, you can continue to configure it that way.

--
Harsh J

Re: namenode name dir

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.