Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by peter royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2008/05/25 19:11:02 UTC

perspective...

there have been a lot of heated discussions on this list lately. the
frequency seems to be picking up some.

its good to keep things in perspective.. we all have different
backgrounds and experiences.

sometimes what may seem like a harmless statement to ourselves may be
perceived much differently by others. naturally, this is magnified
whenever the discussion involves a disagreement.

when and how to provide an opinion is also valuable. advice offered
under constructive circumstances is almost always taken to heart
quicker. otherwise the recipient is immediately on the defensive, and
not open to the potentially very valid point that is trying to be made.

i'd also like to offer an apology for my lack of participation in the
project as of late (for wildly varying definitions of lately :) i'll
be starting a new job in a week, one that will enable me to spend more
time with the mina community.

mina is an awesome piece of technology, and the team that has formed
around it is excellent. we all have our strengths (and weaknesses).
its more than just writing code. testing, debugging, documentation,
community evangelism, user support.. all are equally important and
vital to mina's continued success.

i hold all of you in the highest esteeem!

-pete