Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/18 16:19:48 UTC

Stopping Camel - Stopping services

When Camel stop it stops its child services one by one.

It uses ServiceHelper for that, so it can stop an entire collection at once.

As the current code will remember if any exception was thrown and rethrow it.
I do wonder if that is not a mistake.

I think Camel should log a WARN in case some service threw an
exception but it should allow the code to continue to stop.
As Camel does multiple steps to stop it all, we could potential not
stop all services.

So basically I propose to change ServiceHelper to not be able to
rethrow exceptions but to log at WARN level.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/