Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Duffner - PSCGi <we...@nwcweb.com> on 2005/07/06 20:32:05 UTC

FW: Strange Rules Du Jour error

Greetings,

	Sent this to the MailScanner List, didn't realize
my subscription to the SA List had taken a hike for some reason!

	Anyone with a clue, I'm all ears!

Re: FW: Strange Rules Du Jour error

Posted by Chris Thielen <cm...@someone.dhs.org>.
Hi Dave,

What os are you on and what version of curl do you have installed?

user@ns1:~$ curl --version

curl 7.13.2 (i386-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.13.2 OpenSSL/0.9.7e zlib/1.2.2 libidn/0.5.13

Protocols: ftp gopher telnet dict ldap http file https ftps

Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Can you send me the output of RDJ launched interactively?  I'm primarily
interested in the debug output that shows the curl command and output, eg:

exec: curl -w %{http_code} --compressed -O -R -s -S -z /etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf 2>&1

curl_output: 304

Also, try taking the exec line and running it directly from a shell, eg:

user@ns1:~$ curl -w %{http_code} --compressed -O -R -s -S -z /etc/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_evilnum2.cf http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/70_sare_evilnum2.cf

(more below)

Dave Duffner - PSCGi wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>	Sent this to the MailScanner List, didn't realize
>my subscription to the SA List had taken a hike for some reason!
>
>	Anyone with a clue, I'm all ears!

Odd.

>>>	(note, this is a bit mangled to get it to pass)

The parameter "-w %{http_code}" tells curl to print the http return code
on stdout.  The %{http_code} is passed literally to curl, it's not a
variable reference.

>>'included' that

I don't think so... the manpage simply indicates that on winders you
must doublequote the percent signs (%%):

 -w/--write-out <format>
<snip>
              The variables present in the output format will be
substituted by the value or text that curl thinks fit, as described
below. All variables  are  speci-
              fied  like  %{variable_name} and to output a normal % you
just write them like %%. You can output a newline by using \n, a
carriage return with \r and a
              tab space with \t.

              NOTE: The %-letter is a special letter in the
win32-environment, where all occurrences of % must be doubled when using
this option.