Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org> on 2007/04/12 14:34:16 UTC

Re : SVN setup in structure of an Ivy Repo...

Steve, could you say a little more about this structure?  I'm
intrigued, to say the least.

Do you have IVY hitting the SVN Repo?  Or does Ivy get pointed at a
"checked-out" view of the SVN directory?

	Ken

Re: SVN setup in structure of an Ivy Repo...

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Ken Gentle wrote:
> Steve, could you say a little more about this structure?  I'm intrigued,
> to say the least.

> Do you have IVY hitting the SVN Repo?  Or does Ivy get pointed at a
> "checked-out" view of the SVN directory?

we have ivy hitting the filesystem view. Everyone who checks stuff out,
gets the files. The entry in ivyconf.xml looks like this

   <property name="maven2.pattern"
       value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[module]-[revision]" />
   <property name="maven2.pattern.ext"
       value="${maven2.pattern}.[ext]" />

     <filesystem name="team">
       ivys="true" artifacts="true"
       m2compatible="true" >
       <artifact
pattern="${root.dir}/antbuild/repository/${maven2.pattern.ext}"/>
       <ivy
pattern="${root.dir}/antbuild/repository/${maven2.pattern}.xml"/>
     </filesystem>

Re: Re : SVN setup in structure of an Ivy Repo...

Posted by Jing Xue <ji...@digizenstudio.com>.
Quoting Ken Gentle <j....@acm.org>:

> Steve, could you say a little more about this structure?  I'm
> intrigued, to say the least.
>
> Do you have IVY hitting the SVN Repo?  Or does Ivy get pointed at a
> "checked-out" view of the SVN directory?

Ken, in case you want to look at a real world example, Spring Webflow
uses an approach similar to what Steve described. Its source package
comes with all the dependencies organized into a local file system
repo, and the next tier of the resolvers pointing to an svn url.

HTH.
--
Jing Xue