Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/04 18:06:49 UTC

Re: Speed testing

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Nikola Tankovć
<ni...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hy there,

Hi Nikola,
Hope you are doing great with your GSoC work.

To test the speed/performance of your work, you can follow a similar way
where we used to measure the performance of Axis2/C.
The procedure was like this.
First we deploy axis2 services inside Apache/httpd. That is we used
mod_axis2 apache module. We deploy mod_axis2 on one server machine.
Then we need to load a service with some client requests/payloads. For
sending simultaneous requests and loading the service we use apache bench
[1] in a seperate client machine. Once you have done this apache bench will
give you the statics by which you can come into conclusion about the
speed/performacne.  To achive the maximum (yes this is just for your
infromation, you can ignore these if you want) you can compile Axis2/C with
-03, set the log level to cricital and use keep alive in apache bench etc..,
Basically we use number of requests per seconds(TPS) that can be served  by
the service as a measure of performance. So set up your environment(deploy
the services through CGI interface) similar to this and perform a test
similar to this. A detailed description of the test can be found here[2] in
the latestst Axis2/C performance results article. Good luck!

[1] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html
[2] -http://wso2.org/library/3868

-Rajika

  I saw some time ago there were results of speed test of Axis2/C, so I was

http://wso2.org/
http://llvm.org/

Re: Speed testing

Posted by Nikola Tankovć <ni...@gmail.com>.
No prob, will try with Lighttpd, Apache and IIS for starters as soon as
I fix this problem.

Re: Speed testing

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikola,

2008/8/6 Nikola Tankovć <ni...@gmail.com>

> I have little glitches with compiled windows binary in new 1.5.0 API
> function axis2_http_transport_utils_process_request , which generates
> segmentation fault. I will see today if I can figure it out ( on Linux works
> fine) and get back to you.
> As long as it's servers concern it will work as long as they stick with CGI
> 1.1 specs.
>
> Supun Kamburugamuva wrote:
>
>> Hi Nikola,
>>
>> Did you test the CGI with different web servers like Apache and IIS? At
>> this point I would like to concentrate more on supporting different web
>> servers than speed.
>>
>> Supun..
>>
>> 2008/8/4 Rajika Kumarasiri <rajikacc@gmail.com <mailto:rajikacc@gmail.com
>> >>

>>    On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM, Nikola Tankovć
>>    <nikola.tankovic@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>        Hy there,
>>
>>    Hi Nikola,
>>    Hope you are doing great with your GSoC work.
>>
>>    To test the speed/performance of your work, you can follow a
>>    similar way where we used to measure the performance of Axis2/C.
>>    The procedure was like this.    First we deploy axis2 services inside
>> Apache/httpd. That is we
>>    used mod_axis2 apache module. We deploy mod_axis2 on one server
>>    machine.
>>    Then we need to load a service with some client requests/payloads.
>>    For sending simultaneous requests and loading the service we use
>>    apache bench [1] in a seperate client machine. Once you have done
>>    this apache bench will give you the statics by which you can come
>>    into conclusion about the speed/performacne.  To achive the
>>    maximum (yes this is just for your infromation, you can ignore
>>    these if you want) you can compile Axis2/C with -03, set the log
>>    level to cricital and use keep alive in apache bench etc..,
>>    Basically we use number of requests per seconds(TPS) that can be
>>    served  by the service as a measure of performance. So set up your
>>    environment(deploy the services through CGI interface) similar to
>>    this and perform a test similar to this. A detailed description of
>>    the test can be found here[2] in the latestst Axis2/C performance
>>    results article. Good luck!
>>
>>    [1] - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/programs/ab.html
>>    [2] -http://wso2.org/library/3868
>>
>>    -Rajika
>>

>>          I saw some time ago there were results of speed test of
>>        Axis2/C, so I was wondering is there any solution so I can do
>>        similar with my CGI implementation? If not, what do you
>>        recommend and how do you run your tests?

>>    --    http://wso2.org/
>>    http://llvm.org/
>>

>> --
>> Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc