Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Ashwin Shankar <as...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/21 09:32:05 UTC

Job fails if I change HADOOP_USER_NAME

Hi,
I'm writing a new feature in Fair scheduler and wanted to test it out
by running jobs submitted by different users from my laptop.

My sleep job runs fine as long as the user name is my mac user name.
If I change my hadoop user name by setting HADOOP_USER_NAME,
my jobs fail with the exception
*org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException.*
I also tried creating a new user account on my laptop and running a job as
that user but I get the same exception.

Please let me know if any of you have come across this.
I tried changing ulimits max proc(to 1024),but doesn't solve the problem.

Here is the stack trace :

Job job_1395389889916_0001 failed with state FAILED due to: Application
application_1395389889916_0001 failed 3 times due to AM Container for
appattempt_1395389889916_0001_000003 exited with  exitCode: 1 due to:
Exception from container-launch:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:505)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.run(Shell.java:418)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ShellCommandExecutor.execute(Shell.java:650)
at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.DefaultContainerExecutor.launchContainer(DefaultContainerExecutor.java:195)

Ashwin

RE: Job fails if I change HADOOP_USER_NAME

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
Hi Ashwin,

How I enable debug for AM container logs ?
>>  Set below configurations changing log level for AM, map and reducer task. Default values are INFO.
         yarn.app.mapreduce.am.log.level
         mapreduce.map.log.level
         mapreduce.reduce.log.level

and to which location are they written to ?
>> These are written into  {yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/<application-id> while executing job.
      Once application is finished,

1.       If log aggregation is enabled, then all container logs aggregated to HDFS. The log path in hdfs is {yarn.nodemanager.remote-app-log-dir}/${user}

2.       If log aggregation is disabled,then all container logs remain in local machine where containers has run i.e {yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs}/<application-id.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
Hi Ashwin,