Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Nayak, Soumya R." <sn...@firstam.com> on 2018/12/19 03:09:21 UTC

CSV Data Reading for Multiple Users

HI Team,

I have a requirement where in let's say I have 500 rows of data in a CSV file.
I have a test scenario for multiple concurrent users , say 5 virtual users and a http JSON request where 100 variables are there which has to be parameterized from the CSV file.
When I run the test with 5 virtual users ---- each user should pick up at a time 100 unique records from the CSV and parameterize the values of the http request and post it.

For 500 records in CSV ---
Http JSON Request -1 - Virtual User - 1 --> 1-100 row from CSV
Http JSON Request -2 - Virtual User - 2 --> 101-200 row from CSV
Http JSON Request -3 - Virtual User - 3 --> 201-300 row from CSV
Http JSON Request -4 - Virtual User - 4 --> 301-400 row from CSV
Http JSON Request -5 - Virtual User - 5 --> 401-500 row from CSV

So is the above scenario possible where each user picks up unique 100 rows of data from the CSV at once and parameterizes the Http request in JMeter in a multiple concurrent users scenario?
Or is there any other way to achieve the above scenario apart from CSV or any component in JMeter.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Soumya

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

If you received this email as a commercial message and would like to opt out of future commercial
messages, please let us know and we will remove you from our distribution list.

Thank you.~
FAFLD

CSV Data Reading for Multiple Users

Posted by "Nayak, Soumya R." <sn...@firstam.com>.
Hi Dong,
Are you saying the JSON http request and CSV data config will be under the same threadgroup ? If so , in that case when we loop 100 times , at one time it will pick up 1 record right from CSV.
Or you are saying JSON http request will be in a different thread groups where in TG the CSV looping happens 100 times and its assigned to the 100 variables and these variables are passed to the JSON request in other TG.
Please can you help me explain.

Thanks,
Soumya

on your Thread Group element, set as below:
the Number of Threads as yours 5
then set Loop Count: 100

在 2018/12/19 13:08,“贾国动”<ji...@sireninformation.com> 写入:

    On your CSV Data Set Config element, set as below:
    Resycle on EOF: False
    Stop thread on EOF: True

    hope helpful

    在 2018/12/19 11:09,“Nayak, Soumya R.”<sn...@firstam.com> 写入:

Re: CSV Data Reading for Multiple Users

Posted by SAS <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Soumya

if you reverse the CSV data, it should work.  each row should contain 100
columns, so the row gets picked uniquely by each user.

hope this helps !!

Thanks,
Sastry

Thanks
SASTRY

Re: CSV Data Reading for Multiple Users

Posted by 贾国动 <ji...@sireninformation.com>.
I see.
If I were you, in this case, I would write a python script to process the data so that each row contains 100 unique address information, and each row is the complete json body of a request.
As you said, your 500 rows of data are just five requests...

在 2018/12/19 14:08,“Nayak, Soumya R.”<sn...@firstam.com> 写入: