Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2019/08/09 17:52:52 UTC

RedBubble

Just an FYI. I plan to go through the various requests this weekend. My
plan is to try and group then into sets of logos with similar aspect
ratios. That will allow me to use a RedBubble feature to set one logo up
and then copy/paste it for the other logos with the same aspect ratio.

In terms of help, it would be good to get a couple of other people
familiar with how to add logos etc. I'll contact those that offered to
help off-list to try and set up a time to go through the process.

Thanks,

Mark

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 8/12/19 12:52 PM, Claude Warren wrote:
> I assume these are the default logos?  Are they still in .png format?  The
> logoshow[1] uses them and expects them in that format.  If changing I need
> to update the scripts there.

It is the high res logos (7,200px wide) that have been tweaked for
easier use with redbubble. they are still PNG, and the default
resolution logos (which are 720px wide) remain unchanged.

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 11/08/2019 06:01, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 8/10/19 11:16 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 09/08/2019 18:52, Mark Thomas wrote:
>>> Just an FYI. I plan to go through the various requests this weekend. My
>>> plan is to try and group then into sets of logos with similar aspect
>>> ratios. That will allow me to use a RedBubble feature to set one logo up
>>> and then copy/paste it for the other logos with the same aspect ratio.
>>>
>>> In terms of help, it would be good to get a couple of other people
>>> familiar with how to add logos etc. I'll contact those that offered to
>>> help off-list to try and set up a time to go through the process.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Mark
>>
>> I'll throw this out there in case it is relatively easy to do (e.g. as
>> an addition to https://www.apache.org/logos/ )
>>
>> What would make setting up new projects on RedBubble a breeze would be
>> if PNGs were available with the following characteristics
>>
>> - width 7200
>
> I've set the compiler to generate the high res images with a width of
> 7200 now.

Tx. That saves me a step in image preparation.

>> - height multiple of 500
>
> Can you elaborate on this? I don't see RB saying this is a requirement,
> and it seems to conflict with the width thing.

If logos are exactly the same size I can re-use a previous RedBubble
configuration when adding a new logo which significantly speeds up the
process.

None of our logos are the same size as any other. Therefore, I padded
some of them with transparent space so they were the same size. I did
this by leaving the width alone and adding transparent space top and bottom.

Working with the first batch of logos, padding them with transparent
space top and bottom to the next multiple of 500 for height struck the
right balance between not too much transparent space added to each logo
and enough logos ending up as the same size as other logos to make the
padding worthwhile.

Re: RedBubble

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: RedBubble