Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by "runhuster@foxmail.com" <ru...@foxmail.com> on 2020/09/23 12:46:00 UTC

Todo List

Hi all,

    May we discuss some TODO items of IoTDB?

    I have list some todo items by their type:

   Scene:

  [ ] Optimization of frequent startup and shutdown scenarios at edge end (accelerated restart)
  [ ] Monitoring scenario optimization (Registration query template, alarm mechanism)

   Feature:

  [ ] Edge and cloud collaboration (data synchronization with low latency)
  [ ] More powerful query capability (support more query functions, aggregate functions, order by value, and functions in financial scenarios?)
  [ ] Complex data type support (nested data types, GPS, etc., starting with tsfile)
  [ ] Spatiotemporal data query (spatiotemporal index)
  [ ] UDF
  [ ] Continue to increase compression, coding methods, increase testing

  Operation and maintenance:

  [ ] the internal condition monitoring of the system includes resource utilization (disk, CPU, memory), GC, statistics of some data, and early warning in case of resource shortage
  [ ] Add disk online
  [ ] Self protection: IoTDB can refuse the costful query to ensure the stability of the system

   Optimization:

   [ ] Memory control (query engine, storage engine)
   [ ] Optimization of CPU usage
   [ ] Performance Optimization when data type is small binary file

   User friendly:
   [ ] CLI command prompt, syntax prompt for each command
   [ ] Add support for some DAO layer frameworks, such as mybatis

    If you are interested in some issues or have other supplement, please reply here :)

Thanks.

Chao Wang
BONC Ltd

Re: Todo List

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qj...@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn>.
Hi,

Thanks Chao!
This list contains many valuable features. I will create some issue in jira to record them :)

Jialin Qiao
School of Software, Tsinghua University

乔嘉林
清华大学 软件学院