Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Onyi <cd...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/06 17:33:44 UTC

NTEventLogAppender.dll -Custom Event ID and Category

Hello,

I noticed in a post on Wed, 12 May 2004 to this mailing list somebody mentioned they were working on a custon NTEventLogAppender that would allow for custom EventIDs and Category names to be logged to the Windows Event Log.  Any news on this effort?  I would be very interested in using such a dll as I need to do just that (send custom event ids and category names to windows event log).  Thanks.

-Donald

Re: NTEventLogAppender.dll -Custom Event ID and Category

Posted by Preetha <Pr...@siemens.com>.
Onyi <cdonyi <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I noticed in a post on Wed, 12 May 2004 to this mailing list somebody
mentioned they were working on a custon NTEventLogAppender that would allow
for custom EventIDs and Category names to be logged to the Windows Event Log.
Any news on this effort?  I would be very interested in using such a dll as I
need to do just that (send custom event ids and category names to windows
event log).  Thanks.

> -Donald

Hello,

I also want to have custom Event Ids and Categories logged to the Windows
event log. Is there a solution to this yet?

Thanks.
Preetha