Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arjan Bokx <ar...@akb-ls.nl> on 2013/01/02 08:29:14 UTC

FOP 1.1 embedded examples

Hello everybody,

I have a question about getting the "embedded" examples of FOP 1.1 to work.
Is this the right place to ask?
(If not, please redirect me and disregard the following)

My OS is Windows XP.
I've downloaded and installed the Java SDK 1.7.0_10
I've downloaded and installed fop 1.1
I've downloaded and installed Ant.
With Ant, I compiled the "embedded" examples.
"Ant example1" correctly runs ExampleFO2PDF.
What should I do to call ExampleFO2PDF from Java? Actually I wish to call it from Delphi, using JNI, but first things first.
"Java ExampleFO2PDF" from the command line gives:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ExampleFO2PDF (wrong name: embedding/ExampleFO2PDF)

When I add just about every path to the classpath with the command line option -cp, I get:
Error: Could not find or load main class ExampleFO2PDF.main

Could you help me please.

Regards,
Arjan Bokx

RE: FOP 1.1 embedded examples

Posted by Robert Meyer <rm...@hotmail.co.uk>.
Hi Arjan,

I did the following to get it working:

1) From the command line I went to the examples\embedding\ directory and ran ant to generate all the classes into a ./build/ directory.
2) I then ran the following from the same directory:

java -cp "build/classes:../../lib/*:../../build/fop.jar" embedding.ExampleFO2PDF

It will be slightly different for you though as I am on Linux. To get it running on Windows you will need to change the colons for semi-colons e.g.

java -cp "build/classes;../../lib/*;../../build/fop.jar" embedding.ExampleFO2PDF

That should then generate the output successfully into the ./out/ directory.

Let me know if you are still having problems

Regards,

Robert Meyer