Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Julian Foad <ju...@btopenworld.com> on 2005/05/10 14:24:56 UTC

The word "lock" in error messages and help [was: Error message nitpick]

Lübbe Onken wrote:
> we have got several error messages concerning the working copy that use
> the term 'locked' but have nothing to do with locking files.
>
>  From the po file:
> 'Working copy not locked; this is probably a bug, please report'
[...]
> I think that these cases of using 'locked' will confuse users.

Also the help text in subversion/clients/cmdline/main.c (displayed by "svn help
SUBCOMMAND") suffers from the same problem: e.g. "svn help cleanup" says
"removing locks".

Could you please file an issue for this?

- Julian

Re: The word "lock" in error messages and help [was: Error message nitpick]

Posted by Lübbe Onken <lu...@tigris.org>.
Julian Foad wrote:
> Could you please file an issue for this?

Issue #2303

Cheers
- Lübbe

--