Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Sander Temme <sa...@temme.net> on 2016/08/30 18:45:04 UTC

Gump on Mac OS X is back -- sort of

Dear Community,

Having been pestered with two e-mails a day about failing Gump cron jobs ever since I upgraded the OS on adam.apache.org to Mountain Lion (Mac OS X 10.8), I finally found the time this week to put the Gump installation back together, and it is now once again running at 6AM and 6PM Pacific.

http://adam.apache.org/gump/

Somewhat of a moral victory as (per e-mail convo this past February) Infra would like to get rid of this old hardware, but never mind.

We’re now running on JDK 8 from Oracle, on Python 2.7 and on MySQL 5.6 from MacPorts.  It should be pretty straightforward to replicate this installation on the Mac Mini Infra offered in February.

S. (And when did we go from 649 projects to 193?)

PGP FP: BCD1 6D2C 8906 C48A 540E  253E 94D3 36A3 6D15 930A

Re: Gump on Mac OS X is back -- sort of

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-08-30, Sander Temme wrote:

> Having been pestered with two e-mails a day about failing Gump cron
> jobs ever since I upgraded the OS on adam.apache.org to Mountain Lion
> (Mac OS X 10.8), I finally found the time this week to put the Gump
> installation back together, and it is now once again running at 6AM
> and 6PM Pacific.

> http://adam.apache.org/gump/

Cool.

It looks as if there was an https server running as well that didn't
know about Gump (first got a 404 as I use "HTTPs Everywhere").

The build failures look a bit different, in particular the build of
log4j 1.x. OTOH log4j 1.x has reached its EOL and likely doesn't need to
get built anyway.

> (And when did we go from 649 projects to 193?)

Quite some while ago (as in a few years ago) I asked projects whether
they were still interested in Gump and removed those that didn't raise
there hand.

Basically only the POI, Forrest, XMLGraphics (FOP opted out later on)
and Tomcat projects wanted to remain and we keep building what they need
(IIRC). Due to my personal interest we also kept Ant, XMLUnit and some
parts of Commons.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: Gump on Mac OS X is back -- sort of

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 30/08/2016 19:45, Sander Temme wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> Having been pestered with two e-mails a day about failing Gump cron
> jobs ever since I upgraded the OS on adam.apache.org to Mountain Lion
> (Mac OS X 10.8), I finally found the time this week to put the Gump
> installation back together, and it is now once again running at 6AM
> and 6PM Pacific.
>
> http://adam.apache.org/gump/
>
> Somewhat of a moral victory as (per e-mail convo this past February)
> Infra would like to get rid of this old hardware, but never mind.

As long as it is secure and we are using it, I think we should be OK.

Any chance you could create an account for me on that box? It is
sometimes useful to debug failing tests without the 12 hour delay
between test runs.

Cheers,

Mark