Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lai Kok Cheong <ko...@aigsi.com> on 2001/12/31 09:29:19 UTC

URL string not supported

	 I suspect tomcat 4.01 does not support below URL format :-
	http://www.server.com/TestServlet/paramone/paramtwo/paramthree

	TestServlet is the servlet
	paramone , paramtwo and paramthree is a parameter passed to
TestServlet

	but when I tested with other servlet engine i could run.

	my
	webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml
	extract
	   <servlet>
	      <servlet-name>
	        vl
	      </servlet-name>
	      <servlet-class>
			 a.b.c.TestServlet
	      </servlet-class>
	    </servlet>

	could anyone verify this ?

How to find Date Format in a Database

Posted by Venkat Dosapati <ve...@translogicsys.com>.
Hi,

I am sorry to ask you the Java Qn.
Is there any way to find date format of date datatype in any database
by using a SQL query. And also by using JDBC classes. Any idea will
be appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

--
Venkat

Re: URL string not supported

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 31 Dec 2001, Lai Kok Cheong wrote:

> Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 16:29:19 +0800
> From: Lai Kok Cheong <ko...@aigsi.com>
> To: Tomcat Users List <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: URL string not supported
>
> 	 I suspect tomcat 4.01 does not support below URL format :-
> 	http://www.server.com/TestServlet/paramone/paramtwo/paramthree
>
> 	TestServlet is the servlet
> 	paramone , paramtwo and paramthree is a parameter passed to
> TestServlet
>
> 	but when I tested with other servlet engine i could run.
>
> 	my
> 	webapps/test/WEB-INF/web.xml
> 	extract
> 	   <servlet>
> 	      <servlet-name>
> 	        vl
> 	      </servlet-name>
> 	      <servlet-class>
> 			 a.b.c.TestServlet
> 	      </servlet-class>
> 	    </servlet>
>
> 	could anyone verify this ?

In order for this to work, you also need a servlet mapping that attaches
the path "/TestServlet" to your servlet.  Like this:

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>vl</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/TestServlet/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Then (assuming you install this as the ROOT webapp), the URL:

    http://www.server.com/TestServlet/paramone/paramtwo/paramthree

will indeed be processed by your servlet.  It will see the following
values:

    request.getServletPath() will return "/TestServlet"
    request.getPathInfo() will return "/paramone/paramtwo/paramthree"

All the rules for servlet mappings and how they work (which is exactly
what Tomcat does :-) are in the servlet specification, which you can
download at <http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html>.

Craig McClanahan