Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/15 13:41:09 UTC

Using Storm on Windows OS cluster

Hello!
 I would lie to ask you the following:
1. Is anyone using the Storm deployed on a Windows OS cluster (multi node
Windows OS based machines)?
2. If yes is only for testing purpose or also production mode?
I found a discussion about using Storm on Windows cluster here:
http://ptgoetz.github.io/blog/2013/12/18/running-apache-storm-on-windows/
but unfortunately I could not understand if Storm is supporting this
multi-node approach (the example is just for one single node).

Also another question is related with Zookeeper cluster. If you have used
Storm on Windows did you use also Zookeeper on Windows? Is is known that
for Windows like OS Zookeeper is supported only for development purpose not
for production:
http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_supportedPlatforms

I look forward for your answers.
Thanks.
 Florin

Re: Using Storm on Windows OS cluster

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi, all!
 Thank all for your answers. @Harsha what version of Microsoft Windows are
you using? Is also Zookeeper running on a Windows cluster? How do yo cope
with the installation of the Storm cluster? Do you have automated scripts
that install the cluster (zookeeper+storm)? My concerns are related with
Zookeeper running on windows cluster and also with the automated
installation of Storm over the Windows (lack of ssh support).
I look forward for your answers.
 Regards,
 Florin

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.