Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <to...@apache.org> on 2014/11/02 00:23:02 UTC

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

On Friday 31 Oct 2014 13:38:12 Erik de Bruin wrote:
> Ok, had to go into the Azure portal and hard reset the VM, for some reason.
> But it's rebooted, anyway. I also deleted all 'version.txt' files, so we're
> starting brand new and clean ;-)

The last run (#1133) seems to just have had some random timeout failures, so we'll see.

--
Tom

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I will give the VM twice the memory for the next 2 weeks, and reboot it in
the process. Let's see if that makes a difference. If not, a bit +1 on you
taking the time you need to figure out what's going wrong.

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I've relocated it near to the top left.

I notice each subsequent run however the new window moves down and
right, because of the cascade window placement Windows uses.

What I think of as 'normal' sized Player windows do now always stay in
the screen, without going behind the start bar or anything.

Let's give it a few runs and see ?

Tom

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
Ahh, cool.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
It wasn't me ...

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/3/14, 11:48 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>Too late, already reverted.
>
>Guess I'll have to learn to rerevert now ;-)

Two new things learned today! ;-)

If you have time, you might see if you can catch the mustella VM running
the SDK tests and grab a window and move it to the upper left.  That
incantation worked last time.  And if that works, I think we should
consider taking 11.7/3.7 out of the rotation.  There could be some
idiosyncrasy about that combination and how it handles being off-screen or
a non-top-level window.  I cannot get to the mustella VM from my office,
so I can’t try that incantation until later today.

-Alex

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Too late, already reverted.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

> >I didn't run these locally, as I didn't expect changes to SystemManager to
> >affect anything but the very core of the SDK.
>
> I would be surprised if your changes made a difference as well but you
> never know.  I thought the “unofficial” policy was that if your checkins
> are tied to a run that fails that you have to investigate, by at minimum,
> reverting or showing that the tests pass locally for you.

I "wrote" that policy ;-) But there weren't any tests that consistently
failed, the failures have been all over the place. I could revert, but my
assessment was that not my changes, but something on the VM was the root
cause.

I've rebooted and reset Mustella, but tests are still failing (again, not
twice the same ones, as far as I can tell). Next on my list would be to
increase the VM size to have more memory and CPU horsepower, see if that
changes anything ...

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/3/14, 10:21 AM, "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl> wrote:

>I didn't run these locally, as I didn't expect changes to SystemManager to
>affect anything but the very core of the SDK.

I would be surprised if your changes made a difference as well but you
never know.  I thought the “unofficial” policy was that if your checkins
are tied to a run that fails that you have to investigate, by at minimum,
reverting or showing that the tests pass locally for you.

I’m about to sync up and try it myself as I have an SDK fix to check in.

-Alex

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
I see these tests failing on the VM:

     [java] gumbo/components/DataGrid/Properties/DataGrid_Properties_editable
Editable_twoWayBinding_test Failed AssertMethodValue (method cannot be
shown)(body:step 13)  method returned , expected test1234

     [java] gumbo/components/ListDragDrop/events/SparkDNDList_events
ListAbcDND1_dragDrop Failed CompareBitmap(body:step 16)  compare
returned[object BitmapData]

     [java] gumbo/components/RichEditableText/Properties/RichEditableText_layout_test3

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [mustella] all recent SDK tests failed

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.