Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by pe...@agfa.com on 2005/11/23 10:40:02 UTC

Stop-Resume functionality in httpclient & fileupload

Hello,

I use jakarta httpclient and fileupload to upload files via http.
I would like to know is it possible to implement
'stop resume' functionality for uploading of particular file?
I mean is it possible to continue upload from the place where upload has
been
stoped(canceled or failed) without reuploading already uploaded part of
file?

Thanx in advance

Peter Tolmachov

Re: Stop-Resume functionality in httpclient & fileupload

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hi Peter,

> I use jakarta httpclient and fileupload to upload files via http.
> I would like to know is it possible to implement
> 'stop resume' functionality for uploading of particular file?

This is exclusively between your application on the client- and
server side and fileupload. You can generate any kind of valid
HTTP request using HttpClient, and you are free to put only a
part of the file into the request body. How to detect that a file
has been uploaded partially, and how to tell the server that you
are sending only the remaining part, that is up to you on the
client side and whomever is responsible on the server side.

hope that helps,
  Roland