Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by �������������������� ���������������� <ko...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/29 15:29:55 UTC

Any plans to release log4j TCP server?

Hi Team,

Could you please let me know if you have plans to release TCP server from logging-log4j-tools project?

Best regards,
Kostyantyn

Re: Any plans to release log4j TCP server?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hm, I might be missing some context. I thought this thread about releasing
a component, then someone brings up message queuing ("pub/sub"), now a web
browser? I'm missing something for sure!

Gary

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I had a thought recently that this mobile client sending logs problem
could potentially be modelled using gRPC. This would make it simple
for generating stubs (clients) for iOS/Android and server code for
whatever language you want. There's also Apache Thrift which does the
same thing except with more programming languages supported.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
I would like that as well, but I am short on time as well.

Gary