Posted to community@apache.org by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org> on 2004/10/13 16:21:02 UTC

Mail server doesn't accept zip attachments

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct mailing list for these kind of issues but maybe someone can help.

When trying to send a message with a zip file attached through cvs.apache.org, using a ssh tunnel, I get

552 we don't accept email with executable content (#5.3.4)

The zip content are text files.

Is this intended or is a bug?

I've tried to send a message with a zip file to my apache.org account and was also rejected, so I can't send nor receive.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain
http://www.jroller.com/page/carlossg

Re: Mail server doesn't accept zip attachments

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Infrastructure would be a better place for the technical, though a
discussion on policies would be better here at community :-)

I CC: infrastructure to get an answer from the mail wizards (please cc:
Carlos, I'm not sure he's in the infra list)

El mié, 13-10-2004 a las 16:21 +0200, Carlos Sanchez escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Not sure if this is the correct mailing list for these kind of issues but maybe someone can help.
>
> When trying to send a message with a zip file attached through cvs.apache.org, using a ssh tunnel, I get
>
> 552 we don't accept email with executable content (#5.3.4)
>
> The zip content are text files.
>
> Is this intended or is a bug?
>
> I've tried to send a message with a zip file to my apache.org account and was also rejected, so I can't send nor receive.
>

> Regards
>
> Carlos Sanchez
> A Coruña, Spain
> http://www.jroller.com/page/carlossg

Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
High Sierra Technology, SLU

Re: Mail server doesn't accept zip attachments

Posted by Dave Brondsema <br...@apache.org>.

cvs://committers/docs/resources.txt

Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal