Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch> on 2014/06/09 22:54:19 UTC

How to integrate a couchapp into a build-tool

Hy coucher's

Warning: Cross-posted because the couchapp-list seems dead.

I've been using the python couchapp tool now for quite a while and am happy
with it.

But I see all these nice examples of how to automate building with gulp and
grunt. With all the goodies like concatenating, live previews etc. And I'm
using gulp successfully in a non-couchapp-project. Love the piping.

Being a relative noob I haven't done any automated testing yet. I want to
start now. I haven't decided on a favorite tool yet - probably any one
would do as long as I can integrate it with building a couchapp.

All examples and tutorials I've seen show how to build and test when using
grunt or gulp.

Here come the questions:

   - What would I have to do differently when using a couchapp?
   - Is there a grunt or gulp tool that can replace the python couchapp
   tool? How would one migrate an existing couchapp?
   - Do you know of any example or tutorial?

Thanks a lot for pointers!

By the way: I work on Windows 8 which I believe excludes some other
couchapp-tools that may have some of the mentioned capabilities.

Alex

Re: How to integrate a couchapp into a build-tool

Posted by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch>.
better yet: put username and password into a separate json-file, that isn't
checked into git.

I use a file called '.couchpass.json':
{
    "user": "username",
    "pass": "password"
}

My gulp task is now:

var gulp = require('gulp'),
    shell = require('gulp-shell'),
    pass_file = require('./.couchpass.json'),
    user_name,
    password,
    request;

user_name = pass_file.user;
password = pass_file.pass;

request = 'couchapp push http://' + user_name + ':' + password + '@
127.0.0.1:5984/evab';

return gulp.task('build_couchapp', shell.task([request]));

Posted by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch>.

Posted by Alexander Gabriel <al...@barbalex.ch>.
Thanks!

Posted by Johannes Jörg Schmidt <sc...@netzmerk.com>.