Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by mejiad <me...@evol-tech.com> on 2010/04/29 17:34:26 UTC

Recommended version for a new project

Hi,

I just stating a project that needs to integrate a ESB, what version is
recommended for a new project, 3.3.2 or 4.x?

Regards,

Daniel.

Re: Recommended version for a new project

Posted by Alan MacKenzie <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

If ServiceMix 4 is the recommended version, why does navigating to
http://servicemix.apache.org, and then clicking on the download link in the
top left menu, point me at the Servicemix 3.3.1 download page
(http://servicemix.apache.org/download.html)?

Can the default servicemix download page be updated to point at 4.2.0, and
also include the link to download 3.3.2.

I would love to upgrade to Smx 4 or even 3.3.2 because of all the bug fixes
in the releases, but the inconsistency makes is look like 3.3.1 is still the
recommended version.  Or at least it looks that way to risk averse PMs,
despite the big ServiceMix 4 banner on the top of the page, and the release
notifications on the home page.

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.