Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com> on 2013/12/13 19:29:03 UTC

[ACS43] Schedule Reminder : 4 weeks to RC

Folks we are now 4 weeks from ACS 43 targeted RC date of 1/10. Code changes are now limited to blockers and critical. I need help with doc and translations in preparation for RC.

The issue resolution rate has picked up in last 2 weeks but we still have close to 100 blocker and critical, please help out in getting the issues resolved to bring the backlog to manageable number.

Given the backlog we will follow what we did for ACS 4.1 and ACS 4.2. Up until when we cut the first
RC on (2014-01-10) committers should continue to check in fixes to 4.2 branch for blocker and critical issues. Please do any fixes as cleanly as possible.  For Contributors if you have a fix that needs to go into 4.3, please email the list with the subject tag [ACS43] and note the review that contains the patch. I'll pick whichever I can, but will also rely on others with commit rights to make it efficient. I will create a staging branch after first RC and will start cherry-pick then.

RC re-spins are drain on everyone so I will request you to start playing with 4.3 and report issues early on.

There are large number of issues that are resolved but not verified yet. Given that the number is huge  with around 100 blocker and critical we need to prioritize and verify the ones that were returned by developers as ( Invalid,Incomplete, CanNotReproduce, Later, NotAProblem) first.  I have created a filter[1] to facilitate identifying these issues. This is no way means not to verify other issues but it is to close on the ones that have the most likelihood of being reopened during verification.

For up to date information on release please check out the release dashboard [2]

1] ResolvedButNotClosedFilter: https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/#?filter=12324570
[2] Release Dashboard: http://s.apache.org/dFk

Thanks
Animesh

Re: [ACS43] Schedule Reminder : 4 weeks to RC

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.
Looks like it goes to aaf3979c on the 20th, I'll follow up there. It
breaks my test suite, and probably how many others are used to
deploying.

CLOUDSTACK-5502: interpret vlan='untagged' as vlan == null

Posted by Marcus Sorensen <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.
Animesh,