Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Pe...@hydro.qc.ca on 2005/11/07 20:18:29 UTC

Question about ##

Hi everyone, I'm using Velocity for generating Excel file. I save my
source file in excel xml format. After that, I add the Velocity tag in
it to be able to parse it. Everything work great eccept the faq that
Excel save the format of a Cell in the format #,##0.0. So Velocity trap
that as a comment and wipe the rest of the line.

The file became a not valid xml after that of course.

So my question is: Is there a way to tell Velocity to not parse the
comment ? Or does exist a way to change the comment sing ? If not,
Someone have a good idea to overcome that issue? I can't espace ## sign
in the template because Excel will not recognize it after that.

Here a example of the tag in problem.

<Style ss:ID="s34">
   <Font ss:FontName="Arial Narrow" x:Family="Swiss"/>
   <NumberFormat ss:Format="#,##0.0"/>
  </Style>

Sorry for the bad english. I'm french.

Thanks everyone for your help. Sorry if the question already been ask. I
search on the archive of the mailing list and found nothing.

Re: Question about ##

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
You need to use this:

<NumberFormat ss:Format="${h},${h}${h}0.0"/>

To be safe, you should always escape # and $ symbols.

Re: Question about ##

Posted by Jean Francois Chamard <jf...@interstructure.ca>.
Hi Carl,
    just set a variable with ## and echo this variable when you need ##

#set(myChars="##")

Jeff