Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de> on 2008/07/08 15:22:27 UTC

[SCXML] TriggerEvent Serializable ?

Hi Rahul,

is it possible to make the TriggerEvent serializable ? Background: If you build
a component feeding events to SCXML, stored in an EventQueue (persistence),
the Event has to be serializable... Ah the moment, I have to create a DTO (data transferobject)
and save the payload and eventname in it ...)

The EventQueue is sometimes necessary  because of concurrent Events should NOT lauch concurrent
Instances of the same statemachine (-:

Just a featurerequest....

Thx
Danny

AW: [SCXML] TriggerEvent Serializable ?

Posted by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de>.
> Yup, makes sense, I'll try to get to it later in the week. Can you
> open an improvement request in JIRA [1] as a reminder?

Here we are ...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-75

regards
Danny

P.S.: SCXML works in the meantime in our glassfish-ejb3-container. I
Created some wrapper-classes and also a queue-mangement - great (-:

Re: [SCXML] TriggerEvent Serializable ?

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 7/8/08, Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
>  is it possible to make the TriggerEvent serializable ? Background: If you build
>  a component feeding events to SCXML, stored in an EventQueue (persistence),
>  the Event has to be serializable... Ah the moment, I have to create a DTO (data transferobject)
>  and save the payload and eventname in it ...)
>
>  The EventQueue is sometimes necessary  because of concurrent Events should NOT lauch concurrent
>  Instances of the same statemachine (-:
>
>  Just a featurerequest....

<snip/>

Yup, makes sense, I'll try to get to it later in the week. Can you
open an improvement request in JIRA [1] as a reminder?

We have always said that payloads should be Serializable.
Unfortunately, the payload property in TriggerEvent is defined as an
Object and since we don't want to change any public method signatures,
it will be upto the developer to ensure that the payload is indeed
Serializable (some Javadocs improvements need to be made to indicate
that as well).

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/issue-tracking.html