Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rakesh Kumar S <Ra...@infosys.com> on 2008/05/20 12:39:30 UTC

Character spacing problems

I'm using Arial font in FOP and when I render it to
PDF with a specific font type and size (bold, size 12
pt) and I do the same with Microsoft word and print
both. It is exact same line and same font etc. The
Microsoft version of it is longer (when I overlay and
compare) than the FOP version even though both are
using the same fonts? Somehow the spacing of the
characters/words seems to be different in FOP than
with word.

Is this a known issue? Can this be corrected? This is
causing some inconsistency between 2 formats namely
word and PDF. Please help.

-- I found this post earlier, i am also facing the same problem.

What is the solution to this problem????

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Character spacing problems

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Another possibility is the PDF viewer has 'Reduce to fit' set when
printing (Page Setup or advanced print options).

Clay

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://ourlil.com/>