Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by yangyuexiang <ya...@comp.nus.edu.sg> on 2000/10/06 10:38:30 UTC

IBM JVM & heap size

Hello,

I have two threads A and B, both of them are instance of the same class.
When I start both of A and B, after a while, the JVM hang.
(A and B have no shared memory, only local variables ).

But when I run two JVMs, and each starts one thread, then no problems.

Why? Is it related to the JVM heap size? But the JVM never throws any memory
exceptions.
I have 128 main memory.
I used -Xmx96m or -Xmx64m , the results are the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

yangyuexiang

Re: IBM JVM & heap size

Posted by William Brogden <wb...@bga.com>.
This really sounds like a deadlock problem due to both
Threads trying for the same object - check your
synchronized methods.

--
WBB - wbrogden@bga.com  Chief Scientist, LANWrights, Inc.
Java Programmer Certification information and mock exam

JVM & heap size and an irrecoverable stack overflow has occurred!

Posted by yangyuexiang <ya...@comp.nus.edu.sg>.
Hi, Everyone,

When I add shutDownHook to the Runtime,
the system print out "an irrecoverable stack overflow has occurred".
My program run under SUN JVM(current version).

What's mean?

Thanks
yangyuexiang