Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tako Schotanus <Ta...@backstream.com> on 2002/04/30 10:47:25 UTC

How to retrieve an XML document from a service?

I used WSDL2Java to generate some code for a .NET web service that returns an XML document as a result.
After inspecting the code I noticed that all XML document results had been converted to Beans.

Can somebody point me in the direction I should go to get from a Bean to the original XML document?
Is this bean stuff even necessary or is it just the code generator that doesn't know how to handle .NET XML document types and turns everything unknown into beans?

I did find the info about the ElementDeserializer, but couldn't figure out how to use them.

Any help would be much appreciated :-)

-Tako

Tako Schotanus
Chief Software Architect

BackStreamĀ® Content Management

Postbus 58385
1040 HJ Amsterdam

Willem de Zwijgerlaan 350
1055 RD Amsterdam

The Netherlands

tel. +31 (0)20 6827332 / fax +31 (0)20 6827632

http://www.backstream.com <http://www.backstream.com/>