Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marvin <mg...@novomind.com> on 2016/10/31 14:14:01 UTC

camel 2.18.0 VM problem after update

I updated my camel version from 2.15.2 to 2.18.0. I'm using the vm component
to send messages through different contexts.

After the update I got following exception:

o.a.c.c.v.VmConsumer | Error processing exchange. Exchange[]. Caused by:
[java.lang.NullPointerException - null]
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
        at
org.apache.camel.util.ExchangeHelper.isStreamCachingEnabled(ExchangeHelper.java:657)
        at
org.apache.camel.converter.stream.OutputStreamBuilder.<init>(OutputStreamBuilder.java:38)
        at
org.apache.camel.converter.stream.OutputStreamBuilder.withExchange(OutputStreamBuilder.java:55)
        at
org.apache.camel.processor.MarshalProcessor.process(MarshalProcessor.java:58)
        at
org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationProcessor.process(InstrumentationProcessor.java:77)

I've found out that the problem the corresponding context to which the
exchange is set to is. It's using the route id of my vm enpoint and trying
to get the route out of the original context of the exchange. But it cannot
find the route because it isn't defined in the original context of the
exchange.

With the version 2.15.2 it's working fine.

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Marvin

Re: camel 2.18.0 VM problem after update

Posted by Marvin <mg...@novomind.com>.
Hi,

I cloned the repository and tried to build it with maven, but unfortunately
I got errors within the camel-soap component:

\camel-soap\target\generated\src\test\java\com\example\soapheaders\SampleEnumType.java:[4,3]
error: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8
\camel-soap\target\generated\src\test\java\com\example\soapheaders\SampleEnumType.java:[17,19]
error: unmappable character for encoding UTF-8
\camel-soap\target\generated\src\test\java\com\example\contact\ContactType.java:[4,3]

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Maybe this bug fixes this

You can build latest code and test with a SNAPSHOT version
http://camel.apache.org/building

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Marvin <mg...@novomind.com> wrote:
> I updated my camel version from 2.15.2 to 2.18.0. I'm using the vm component
> to send messages through different contexts.
>
> After the update I got following exception:
>
> o.a.c.c.v.VmConsumer | Error processing exchange. Exchange[]. Caused by:
> [java.lang.NullPointerException - null]
> java.lang.NullPointerException: null
>         at
> org.apache.camel.util.ExchangeHelper.isStreamCachingEnabled(ExchangeHelper.java:657)
>         at
> org.apache.camel.converter.stream.OutputStreamBuilder.<init>(OutputStreamBuilder.java:38)
>         at
> org.apache.camel.converter.stream.OutputStreamBuilder.withExchange(OutputStreamBuilder.java:55)
>         at
> org.apache.camel.processor.MarshalProcessor.process(MarshalProcessor.java:58)
>         at
> org.apache.camel.management.InstrumentationProcessor.process(InstrumentationProcessor.java:77)
>
> I've found out that the problem the corresponding context to which the
> exchange is set to is. It's using the route id of my vm enpoint and trying
> to get the route out of the original context of the exchange. But it cannot
> find the route because it isn't defined in the original context of the
> exchange.
>
> With the version 2.15.2 it's working fine.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marvin

Claus Ibsen
http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Re: camel 2.18.0 VM problem after update

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
Can you share how you send and receive  to compare?  It works for me on
2.17.0.