Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Shannon <ma...@paycom.net> on 2004/03/09 20:00:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect Match

Hello All,
  I am trying to do a redirect on everything not included in
"somedirectory". Is there a way to do a
RedirectMatch ( not in ) /somedirectory"   ???

Thanks,
-m

Re: [users@httpd] Redirect Match

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
Matthew Shannon wrote:

> Hello All,
>   I am trying to do a redirect on everything not included in
> "somedirectory". Is there a way to do a
> RedirectMatch ( not in ) /somedirectory"   ???

Depending on the version of apache, you may be able to use a negative
assertion in a regex, but the sure way is to use mod_rewrite:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/somedirectory
RewriteRule .* http://someplace/else/

Joshua.