Posted to users@solr.apache.org by mtn search <se...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/15 19:30:32 UTC

Solr Security - BYOK

Hello,

My leadership is wondering to what extent Solr supports BYOK encryption,
and/or if it is on the roadmap.  Any info on this topic?

I did not see much in my initial look.

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Solr Security - BYOK

Posted by dmitri maziuk <dm...@gmail.com>.
On 2022-07-15 2:30 PM, mtn search wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My leadership is wondering to what extent Solr supports BYOK encryption,
> and/or if it is on the roadmap.  Any info on this topic?

I wonder in what context this may be relevant to Solr at all.

Dima

Re: Solr Security - BYOK

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Matt,

On 7/15/22 15:30, mtn search wrote:
> My leadership is wondering to what extent Solr supports BYOK encryption,
> and/or if it is on the roadmap.  Any info on this topic?
>
> I did not see much in my initial look.

Yes... it's always tough to figure out how to bootstrap encryption
without actually having the key available.

-chris