Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Ober <ro...@robob.com> on 2010/01/19 16:02:09 UTC

That Future Bug

Well,  I have googled it and read lot's of stuff and the problem
persists.  I have a server on CentOS 5.3 with spamassassin-3.2.5-1.el5
from that distribution.  They have no newer according to yum.  The
local.cf fix did not change anything after restarting spamassassin.

For some reason spamassassin hates me, which is my reason for joining
this list some time ago.  I still plan to implement it on another server
that does not want to let it work.  So, someone please help me so I can
move on to other LATE projects.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.
On 01/19/2010 10:47 AM, Robert Ober wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote:
>> Did you enable sa-update? That will get rid of the broken rule as well.
>>
>> Warren
> I did not think it was enabled on that machine but it was. I ran
> sa-update and problem solved.
>
> Sorry to 'bother y'all, I should have checked for sa-update.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert A. Ober

http://people.redhat.com/wtogami/temp/spamassassin/3.3.0/
Please give the latest build of spamassassin-3.3.0 a try.  I personally
have been using these snapshots on my RHEL-5 server since early 2009
with great success.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
You will need EPEL5 dependencies for spamassassin-3.3.0.

http://wtogami.livejournal.com/33026.html
Here is an earlier blog post on this.

Warren Togami
wtogami@redhat.com

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Robert Ober <ro...@robob.com>.

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Warren Togami <wt...@redhat.com>.

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Robert Ober <ro...@robob.com>.
Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Robert Ober wrote on Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:19:57 -0600:
>

>> "score FH-DATE-PAST-20XX 0.0"
>>

> which is wrong, the rule has underscores. Read the article on
> http://spamassassin.apache.org/
>
> Kai

Thanks,  I cut and pasted that from someone's forum post.  Fortunately
sa-update solved it:-)

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Daniel McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.
On 1/19/10 9:19 AM, "Robert Ober" <ro...@robob.com> wrote:

> Daniel McDonald wrote:
>>
>> On 1/19/10 9:02 AM, "Robert Ober"<ro...@robob.com>  wrote:
>>

>>> Well,  I have googled it and read lot's of stuff and the problem
>>> persists.  I have a server on CentOS 5.3 with spamassassin-3.2.5-1.el5
>>> from that distribution.  They have no newer according to yum.  The
>>> local.cf fix did not change anything after restarting spamassassin.
>>>

>> Have you compiled rules in the past?  If so, you will need to re-compile
>> your rules before restarting spamd.
>>

> Have not compiled rules that I can remember.  Can you point me to a doc?
man sa-compile

To see if you have compiled rules, look for /var/lib/spamassassin/compiled

>> Sorry to come into the middle of the conversation, but a few more details of
>> what you have done would be helpful...
>>

> I have only entered "score FH-DATE-PAST-20XX 0.0" into the local.cf and

Shouldn't those dashes be underscores?

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Robert Ober <ro...@robob.com>.

Re: That Future Bug

Posted by Daniel McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.