Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2004/10/20 17:08:23 UTC

Re: Connection reset during active FTP using Commons Net

In message <19...@puggy.symonds.net>, "Anoop J
ohnson" writes:
>I'm using the Commons FTP API to transfer a file to an FTP server. The FTP
>server is located outside our corporate network and supports only active
>FTP.
>Linux Enterprise Server 8.0. Could this be because of some firewall
>blocking the inbound connection from the FTP server? If so how can I
>verify it?

Since you said the server doesn't support passive mode and is located
outside of your corporate network, it sounds like a firewall issue.
I would normally suggest checking if there is an FTP proxy you can use.
However, you said the code worked on the Windows machine but not the
SuSE machine.  In that case, it sounds like the SuSE machine has its
own firewall rules installed.  Check iptables (/sbin/iptables -L -n)
to verify.

daniel