Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Blake Day <bl...@charter.net> on 2002/04/10 06:44:06 UTC

couple of noob questions

I have 3 relatively simple questions.

a) How do I prevent the IDBroker service from starting?  I've tried removing
all references to it in my webapp, but it still starts.  I would rather not
use it or have any artifacts lying around.

b) I'm getting the following warning message:
	[Tue Apr 09 18:57:18 EDT 2002] -- WARN -- IDBroker is being used with db:
db_name_here
	 which does not support transactions.  It is possible to
	 generate duplicate keys, if multiple JVM's are used or other
	 means are used to write to the database.
Although this warning will go away when I get rid of IDBroker, I'm curious
as to why I would get that warning while using PostgreSQL as my RDBMS.  I
don't want any other problems relating to transactions to unexpectadly arise
later.

c) I'm trying to set my SQL log level to DEBUG, but nothing is being logged.
In TurbineResources.properties, I have the following line:
"services.LoggingService.sql.level=DEBUG" along with
"services.LoggingService.sql.destination.file=/logs/sql.log"; however, the
sql.log file is never even created.

Michael Blake Day
Artistry Studios - e-commerce design, implementation and hosting
email: mday@artistrystudios.net

Re: couple of noob questions

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
ok, i looked and torque instantiates one of the idgeneraters of each
type regardless of which are used in any of the tables.  you can
minimize the overhead of IDBroker with the following property

torque.idbroker.prefetch=false

Though you will still have ignore the warning message, except that it
does indicate that your driver is reporting that it does not support
transactions.

john mcnally

RE: couple of noob questions

Re: couple of noob questions