Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2017/11/07 10:17:58 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Hi all,

Please vote on releasing Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)! If this
voting passes, another similar voting will be started on
general@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can release
this version.

Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating) are the modules of Apache NetBeans
that provide the application framework of NetBeans, that is, the NetBeans
Platform.

Build artifacts:

https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/

Source md5sum is 548058644764a07ef54568aa79a10aa1.

The artifact to be voted on:

https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/netbeans-platform-source-.zip

Rat report shows no unknown licenses:

https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/rat-temp/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt

Included as a convenience is a binary, unzip it and run it and you'll see
the NetBeans Platform:

https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/netbeans-platform-bin-.zip

Included in the above are the DEPENDENCIES, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, and NOTICE
files.

Please try out the package and vote!

The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding, i.e., you are an Apache
NetBeans committer.

Geertjan
on behalf of the Apache NetBeans tea,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Junichi Yamamoto <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Regards,
Junichi

Posted by Ludovic HOCHET <lh...@gmail.com>.
+ 1
built from source and tryme went fine.

--
Ludovic

"Les formes qui differencient les etres importent peu
 si leur pensees s'unissent pour batir un univers..."
 Yoko Tsuno (in 'Les titans' by Roger Leloup)
 [The shapes that differenciate beings are not important
 if their thoughts unite to build a universe]

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Leonardo Loch Zanivan <le...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Atenciosamente,
Leonardo Loch Zanivan

Posted by Reema Taneja <re...@oracle.com>.
+1

Thanks,

Reema

Posted by Hamon Arnaud <ha...@gmail.com>.
+1
(occasionnal NetCat participant)

Arnaud

Posted by Lars Bruun-Hansen <lb...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Josh Juneau <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1 on the release.

AW: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
+1 do it.

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Posted by Vikas Prabhakar <vi...@oracle.com>.

Posted by mark stephens <ma...@idrsolutions.com>.
+1 from me also…..

Posted by "mario-leander.reimer@qaware.de" <ma...@qaware.de>.

Posted by David Heffelfinger <dh...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
http://ensode.net - A Guide to Java, Linux and Other Technology Topics

My Books: http://www.packtpub.com/authors/profiles/david-heffelfinger

My Video Training:
http://www.packtpub.com/java-ee-development-with-netbeans-7/video

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ensode

On Nov 7, 2017 5:18 AM, "Geertjan Wielenga" <

Posted by Andreas Ernst <ae...@ae-online.de>.
+1 (non-binding)

Am 07.11.17 um 11:17 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> Hi all,
>
> Please vote on releasing Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)! If this
> voting passes, another similar voting will be started on
> general@incubator.apache.org, and if that passes too, then we can release
> this version.
>
> Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating) are the modules of Apache NetBeans
> that provide the application framework of NetBeans, that is, the NetBeans
> Platform.
>
> Build artifacts:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/
>
> Source md5sum is 548058644764a07ef54568aa79a10aa1.
>
> The artifact to be voted on:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/netbeans-platform-source-.zip
>
> Rat report shows no unknown licenses:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/rat-temp/nbbuild/build/rat-report.txt
>
> Included as a convenience is a binary, unzip it and run it and you'll see
> the NetBeans Platform:
>
> https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dist/netbeans-platform-bin-.zip
>
> Included in the above are the DEPENDENCIES, DISCLAIMER, LICENSE, and NOTICE
> files.
>
> Please try out the package and vote!
>
> The vote is open for a minimum of 72 hours or until the necessary number of
> votes (3 binding +1s) is reached.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)
> [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
>
> Please add "(binding)" if your vote is binding, i.e., you are an Apache
> NetBeans committer.
>
> Geertjan
> on behalf of the Apache NetBeans tea,

--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi,

+1 (non-binding)
Eric
[...]

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating) [ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release [ ] -1 Do not release this package because...

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.
I guess it won't affect the signature, so +1 (binding).

Regards,
Michael

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if we need to reset the voting them... In any case, here is
+1 (binding) again.

Regards,
Michael

Posted by Timon Veenstra <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.
Geertjan,

Posted by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net>.
-1, until we resolve these issues reported by Ate.

Thanks, Ate, for reporting them,
Antonio

P.S.: I'll have some time tonight (EU time) to help solve them.

Posted by Jaroslav Tulach <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1 => let the bits attract attention of those who have bindings votes.

I have noticed few problems with the build as well. Reported as
NETBEANS-128 and NETBEANS-129. None of them is related to licensing, so I
think none of them shall stop the process of getting the 1st draft of alpha
version out. With or without fixes for #128 and #129, feel free to continue
the good work you are doing.

-jt

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Yup, agreed.

Great work, thanks.

Gj

jsearch dependency (was Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating))

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.

El 08/11/17 a las 21:36, Jan Lahoda escribió:
 > [...]
> -delete inclusion of jsearch.jar in apisupport.harness (should be trivial
> by itself)

Jan, will something like
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/263 do?

Cheers,
Antonio

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ate,

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benny Neugebauer <bn...@bennyn.de>.
+1

Posted by Petr Pisl <pe...@oracle.com>.
+1 for Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha.

Petr

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Understand and sympathize with that perspective. Note though that that
solution also has the potential of someone getting the wrong impression.
Each approach to this is potenially confusing.

Gj

Posted by Tushar Joshi <tu...@apache.org>.
+1 Release this package as Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating) (binding)

with regards
Tushar

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Gaurav Gupta <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks and kind regards,
Gaurav Gupta
<https://twitter.com/ImJeddict>  <https://jeddict.github.io/>
<https://www.youtube.com/JPAModeler>

Posted by "ghader.arkani@gmail.com" <gh...@gmail.com>.
+1 yes

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans 9.0 Alpha (incubating)

Posted by Sarvesh Kesharwani <sa...@oracle.com>.
+1

Sarvesh Kesharwani

Posted by Martin Balin <Ma...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.
Ah, probably left out the -Dcluster.config=platform bit.

Thanks,

Gj

On Tue, Nov 7, 2017 at 11:47 PM, Geertjan Wielenga <

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by John McDonnell <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jiří Kovalský <ji...@oracle.com>.
+1 (binding)