Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Robert Douglass <ro...@robshouse.net> on 2006/09/17 18:01:40 UTC

Nutch with Drupal (PHP)

Hi all,

I wanted to bring to your attention two Drupal modules which provide a
way for you to integrate Nutch with Drupal. If you've never heard of it,
Drupal is a pretty decent PHP framework (sometimes called a CMS) which
is also very developer friendly.

The first module is a client for OpenSearch RSS. This lets you have a
search form in your Drupal site that can use Nutch (or any other OpenRSS
provider) as the search backend.

http://drupal.org/project/opensearchclient

The second module is a Nutch integration module that allows you to
control the Nutch crawl/index lifecycle from your Drupal admin interface:

http://drupal.org/project/nutch

It is mostly just a set of bash scripts which can be triggered from
within Drupal. There is a lot of room for further development in this
module and I'd be most happy to get more Nutch experts working on it.

Anyway, perhaps some of you will find these modules useful.

Cheers,

Robert Douglass

PS. There is also an OpenSearchClient module which produces OpenSearch
RSS from Drupal's own search results, opening up the possibility of
having one site be the search provider for another.

http://drupal.org/project/opensearch

Re: Nutch with Drupal (PHP)

Posted by Robert Douglass <ro...@robshouse.net>.
And thanks Paul, I wasn't aware of the possibility of running Drupal
within Resin/Quercus. I'll have to give that a whirl!

-Robert

Re: Nutch with Drupal (PHP)

Posted by sub paul <su...@gmail.com>.