Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net> on 2003/10/07 12:26:37 UTC

UnknownHostException in unicom

Hello at all,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this thread, but I also don't
know where else.

If yesterday installed the unicom example via cms. But if I logged in the
author section I get an '
java.net.UnknownHostException: www.w3.org'. I've mentioned, this exception
doesn't occure when I am online. If I cancel the internet connection I get
this silly exception again. Although it doesn't occure in the admin section
rather I'm  online nor offline.

I don't know where this link is placed to erase them. Where should I look at
first?

greetz && thx
Manuel

Re: UnknownHostException in unicom

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <mo...@negosa.net>.
I'm new at lenya, and don't know how to trace, otherwise I could do this. Is
there a debug mode or something else?

You you see I'm very new at lenya ...

Re: OT: UnknownHostException in unicom

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:
>>BTW, try to follow the mailing list style guidelines ...
>>
> Maybe a stupid question: what are the guidelines. Can I read them anywhere?

Not a stupid question at all. I don't know if there
are official guidelines in the ASF, but I think the
general usenet quoting style is OK:

http://www.xs4all.nl/%7ewijnands/nnq/nquote.html

Thanks for asking,
Andreas

OT: UnknownHostException in unicom

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <mo...@negosa.net>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Manuel Siebeneicher wrote:

> I've found the mistake. Some documents in the content/authoring directory
> contains following line '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
> Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">'. This causes the
> exception.

This is not a mistake at all. The document type declaration is
needed for validation. I guess the entity resolver has a problem
resolving the XHTML transitional DTD on your machine. I will test
it on my machine when I find the time.

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <mo...@negosa.net>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.