Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Patrick Linskey <pl...@bea.com> on 2006/10/07 02:25:20 UTC

version number increment

Hi,

We (BEA) are going to be releasing a new version of Kodo based on the
OpenJPA jars at some point soon. We'd kinda like to bump up the version
number to 0.9.1 along with the build that we're using; any objections to
this?

Actually, I can't remember what the maven convention is. Is
0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT something that is building towards 0.9.0, or
something that is built on top of 0.9.0?

If the former, then we'd like to change the version number to
0.9.0-incubating at the time of release and move it to
0.9.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT immediately afterwards.

If the latter, then we'd like to change the version number to
0.9.1-incubating at the time of release and move it to
0.9.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT immediately afterwards.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Linskey
BEA Systems, Inc.

by email and then delete it.

Re: version number increment

Posted by Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org>.
OpenJPA Folk-

OK, I've gone ahead and made a final non-snapshot "0.9.0-incubating"
release, and bumped the current release number up to "0.9.5-
incubating-SNAPSHOT". The former release can be useful for people
wanting a stable, unchanging release.

I've updated the wiki at http://cwiki.apache.org/openjpa/
obtaining.html with examples for using both the 0.9.0-incubating
release and the 0.9.5-incubating-SNAPSHOT snapshot release.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Patrick,

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 10/7/06, Marc Prud'hommeaux <mp...@apache.org> wrote:

> My personal understanding is that 0.9.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT is
> building towards 0.9.0-incubating, so I think your first scenario is
> correct.

+1

> It would be good if an Apache expect would confirm this, though.

<incubator-pmc-hat>
decisions like this are delegated
</incubator-pmc-hat>

:-)