Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by BugRat Mail System <to...@cortexity.com> on 2000/11/11 10:28:06 UTC

BugRat Report #372 has been filed.

Bug report #372 has just been filed.

   <http://znutar.cortexity.com:8888/BugRatViewer/ShowReport/372>

REPORT #372 Details.

Project: Tomcat
Category: Bug Report
SubCategory: New Bug Report
Class: swbug
State: received
Severity: serious
Confidence: public
Environment:
   Release: 3.2 Beta 6
   JVM Release: 1.3
   Operating System: Windows 2000
   OS Release: 5.00.2195
   Platform: Windows

Synopsis:
Container managed security bug

I tried to setup container managed security against MySQL database. I set up everything based on JDBCRealm.howto document (http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/JDBCRealm.howto). All tables were similar as they were in the example. When I accessed the protected area in "examples" webapp I was redirected to the login as it should have happened. When I gave my username (tomcat) and password (tomcat) - I got a following stack trace:

	at org.apache.tomcat.request.JDBCRealm.authorize(JDBCRealm.java:509)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.doAuthorize(ContextManager.java:844)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:778)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:732)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:407)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

if I enter a wrong password I am redirected to a error page, which has a link to login page. A correct behaviour.