Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/17 20:43:31 UTC

Metron + HDP 2.5.3 + Ambari + Centos 7 = pain

Has anyone run these steps recently?
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/60805/deploying-a-fresh-metron-cluster-using-ambari-serv.html
I am not having any luck.  I’m seeing ambari hang after clicking the next
button on the setup assign slaves page.
Also seeing it hang if I install service by service, once I get to
metron+kibana+es.

I don’t see any errors in the log files.

Re: Metron + HDP 2.5.3 + Ambari + Centos 7 = pain

Posted by David Lyle <dl...@gmail.com>.
Glad it worked for you Anand- hopefully I can merge it at some point
(cough, smile, cough).

-D...

Posted by Matt Foley <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
I will definitely try to apply PR527 thanks!
If it works for me… maybe even land it :)

On April 18, 2017 at 12:58:17, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com) wrote:

If this resolved your issue, can you comment on the pull request?

On April 18, 2017 at 12:37:53, Anand Subramanian (asubramanian@hortonworks.com) wrote:

Hi Otto,

I did bump into the same issue you described - just a spinning Next button.

Applying this worked for me. Can you give it a try?
https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/pull/527

-Anand

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anand Subramanian <as...@hortonworks.com>.