Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/23 18:45:31 UTC

How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Hi,

I'm running hadoop map-reduce in a cluster with 10 machines. I would
like to set in the configuration that each tasktracker can run 8 map
tasks simultaneously and 4 reduce tasks simultaneously.  Which
parameters should I configure?

Thanks,
PSC

Re: How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.
I found the solution. The problem was that I've misspelled the
parameter "mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum".

--
---------------------------
Pedro Sá da Costa

@: pcosta@lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
@: psdc1978@gmail.com

Re: How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.

--
---------------------------
Pedro Sá da Costa

@: pcosta@lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
@: psdc1978@gmail.com

Re: How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.
The values are:

--
Pedro Sá da Costa

@: pcosta@lasige.di.fc.ul.pt
@: psdc1978@gmail.com

Re: How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: How set number of map and reduce can run simultaneously

Posted by Pedro Costa <ps...@gmail.com>.